When Darcy returned my notes that she had borrowed to me, she invited Cassie and I over for corn beef and cabbage with mashed potatoes.
....first of all it was DELICIOUS! Darcy made it from scratch!
...second we had a wonderful time learning all about Irish superstitions and traditions
Just in time for St. Patrick's Day :)
Here is what we learned:
- You cannot hang masks on the wall because ghosts will hide inside the masks and remain in your home
- You cannot open your windows when it is foggy outside or the "coachman on a horse drawn carriage that collects people for death will be able to enter your home (her said the name but I cannot remember it...and google is not helping me out).
- Spiders are good luck and prosperity inside your house, therefore you cannot kill them
- Anything with iron is good for you
- Guinness has iron, therefore it is fine to drink it while pregnant (apparently)
Overall it was a wonderful, unplanned evening full of laughter, good friends and plenty of laughter