8:00am: Wake up at my parents house 8:15am: Start preparing breakfast casseroles 8:30am: Place casseroles in oven 9:15am: Open stockings 9:30am: Aunt Linda and Uncle Dave arrive 10:00am: CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST! 10:30am: Open Christmas presents from Aunt Linda and Uncle Dave 11:45am: Pack car 12:00pm: Drive back home 2:45pm: Arrive home 3:00pm: Grandma arrives 3:05pm: The Gates arrives 3:15pm: The Garretts arrive 3:30pm: The Hocutts arrive 4:00pm CHRISTMAS DINNER! 5:00pm: Presents! 6:00pm-9:00pm: Games 11:08pm: Blogmas 11:15pm: Sleep
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday full of family, fun, and laughter
Ten Facts about December: 1. An almanac prediction states that if snow falls on Christmas Day, Easter will be warm, green and sunny.
2. The term Yuletide comes from a Norse tradition of cutting and burning a tree to bring in the Winter Solstice. This was to last through 12 days – later known as the 12 days of Christmas.
3. December 12th is Poinsettia Day.
4. Saint Nickolas, who would eventually be called Santa Claus, was originally the patron saint of children, thieves and pawnbrokers!
5. The first artificial Christmas tree was made in Germany, fashioned out of goose feathers that are dyed green!
6. Spiders and spider webs are considered good luck on Christmas.
7. Common decorations on a Christmas tree each have their specific meanings. Candles – the light of the world, the Star at the top is a reminder of the first Christmas night and Candy canes are to represent the Shepherd’s cane.
8. “Jingle bells” was composed in 1857, and not for Christmas – it was meant to be a Thanksgiving song!
9. In 1647 Oliver Cromwell, English Puritan leader, banned the festivities of Christmas for being seen as immoral on such a holy day. Anyone who was seen celebrating was arrested! The ban was lifted in 1660.
10. An ancient legend states that forest animals can speak in human language on Christmas Eve!
I am not a huge drinker, but I do have some go to drinks when I go out with friends: Margaritas and Sangria.
After having the fall blend sangria at Raleigh Times last week, I became inspired to make my own for Christmas this year. After much searching I think I found a good recipe and I will be picking up all the fixings for it tomorrow (that is if the world does not end!)
I am going to combine a few recipes, but I think it will be Delicious:
2-3 cinnamon sticks
2 bottles of fruity red wine
1 cup mixed berry puree
6 oz of triple sec
1. Favorite Winter nail polish?
I have just more recently gotten into wearing nail polish more frequently and I love being able to wear dark colors during the winter. My current favorite has to be "Carry On" by Essie which I received in my November Birchbox.
2. Favorite Winter lip product?
I have decided that I am going to start wearing red lipstick as much as possible. I am loving Covergirl's Hot Passion and Flame.
3. Most worn winter clothing piece?
My Old Navy zip up black fleece. Lame I know, but I love it!
4. Most worn winter accessory?
I would have to say it is my Liz Claiborne scarf that Jared's mother bought for me about three years ago. It is beautiful and I always get complements on it.
5. Favorite winter scent/candle?
I would have to say that I am in love with the smell of cold air. It always brings a smile to my face :) As for my favorite candle that would be 'Tis the Season' by Slatkin and Co.
6. Favorite winter beverage?
Hazelnut Hot Chocolate or Peppermint Mocha
7. All time favorite Christmas/Holiday movie?
The Santa Clause
8. Favorite Christmas/Holiday Song?
O Holy Night and White Christmas
9. Favorite Holiday food/treat?
Peppermint and Gingerbread
10. What is your favorite Christmas decoration this year?
I would have to say our new penguin doormat!
11. What is at the top of your Christmas list
Rose Gold Micheal Kors Runway watch
12. What are your plans for the holidays this year?
Jared and I are spending this Saturday with his dad's side of the family, Christmas Eve (when I will be singing!) and morning with my family and then spending Christmas Day evening with his mom's side of the family.
So, I have had this box for over a week now, but I finally had the chance to blog about it.
Striped like a present!
Number 4: Lumiere d'hiver Clarifying Shampoo: This is a pretty decent size shampoo sample, and its clarifying which is awesome....except it is low sud...excuse me? No suds? You have to be kidding me? I know I know...suds strip the natural oil from you hair (blah blah blah) but seriously, I needs suds in order for my hair to feel clean. Plain and simple.
Juicy Couture: If I get one more Juicy perfume sample....
Mox Botanicals- Pomegranate and Fig Lip Butter: It smells really good, but the consistency is almost like wax and I have to spin my finger around about 100 times to get enough product on my finger.
Tweezerman Nail File: Can never have too many of these!
The Balm-Hot Mama Blush: I am the most excited about this! It is a nice pinky peach that goes with any skin tone and the packaging is too cute! It is the perfect size for travel and it has a magnetic closure.
Overall I am pretty disappointed... especially since this is the holiday box. I was hoping for a festive nail polish or something holiday limited addition. Oh well.....